Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Help Me Obama… You're My Only Hope T-Shirt at Cafe Press



Support This Site

Want to have some fun? If you have a spare hour or so, I believe you can open your own t-shirt, button, hat and sticker shop at Cafe Press. I haven't been able to figure out the finer points of design, myself, but I do like this t-shirt slogan. The back of the shirt reads

EPISODE MMVIII
A CLEAN SLATE.

I like this shirt because I'm really pulling for Obama. Originally I had thought,"Help Me O.B. Ama Kenyabe," might have sounded more clever but it would be too obscure for most people. With people getting all confused about Obama's African hertitage and the Muslim father he only met once, it seemed wiser to avoid any hint of Kenya. A shame, truly, since Obama's reach into his Kenyan heritage is one of the most beautifully expressed personal journeys I've ever read.

I do suppose, also, that all the pundits attacking Obama for his education in Indonesia know that his mother was in Indonesia because she had a pretty cool job with the American Embassy. Besides, any kid that can write an essay of any kind in kindergarten is OK by me. As I recall, even in 1st grade, most of us were happy to print, "See Spot run." And spell PRESIDENT? Forget about it.

Hopefully those with questions will read, "Dreams From My Father," by Barack Obama written 12 years ago. It is a coming of age masterpiece full of contemporary insight. It reads like fiction. Obama can write well, that's for sure.

If you are interested in the shirt, follow the link to cafepress.com/helpmeobama. There are a myriad of other political tee-shirts there as well. And some pretty cool t-shirts about politics on Ebay as well.

Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see what the political season holds for us all!




AuctionAds

No comments: